Marketing a successful business online is both an art form and a science. Experienced entrepreneurs and business owners around the world will tell you that generating a steady stream of revenue online is not an easy thing to do, especially with ecommerce stores popping up every day across all verticals. However, employing a strategic digital advertising strategy that encompasses both inbound and outbound media can lead to long term revenue generation.
Below is an infographic prepared by a customer referral program company, Referral Candy, which provides an ecommerce marketing software that we actively leverage for clients in the digital advertising space. This infographic provides a number of important pieces of advice to successfully market new businesses in the digital environment. They include:
- Doing Your Homework: it’s essential to identify your niche audience and understand them completely to know what they want out of a product. This is the most important part of setting up an ecommerce marketing business, which is why it’s necessary to be prudent and diligent in doing your research.
- Build Your Product: ensure that the core benefits of your product conception match what your customers desire. Also be sure to have a unique selling point that sets you apart from your competitors. There can be multiple businesses that sell similar software you provide, which is why your business needs to convey the core solution your product provides customers that are not provided by the competition.
- Under Promise, Over Deliver: make sure that your customer service goes beyond and above your customers’ expectations. Online purchasers have particular expectations shopping online: it’s your business’ responsibility to open up the channels of communication and improve the overall customer experience via emails, social media channels, and active conflict resolution.
- Run a Referral Program: as mentioned previously, yours truly has seen the power of a social referral program first hand in the ecommerce marketing space. Incentivize your customer database and grow your reach with a customer rewards program that will only build you a steady stream of revenue in the long run.
- Create Awesome Content: engaging content will not only build up brand awareness for your business online, but will also help captivate the attention of your customers. Leverage blogs, videos, press releases, articles, and other forms of content marketing to cement your position within your vertical.
- Use Social Media Marketing: social media is no longer a novelty for businesses. Popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have made it easy to attract new fans, retain customers, and respond to customer service inquiries, all of which enhances the overall customer experience.
While successfully marketing an ecommerce business can initially be difficult, it can also be fun. Be sure to leverage the most pertinent marketing tools to build brand awareness, increase customer loyalty, and build new revenue generation opportunities.
Infographic Source: Social Media Today